Saturday, August 29, 2009

$1.25 SNG 45 Players

I am about to start a $1.25 SNG at Full Tilt. I will update my notes here as the action happens. Wish me luck!!



The table is fairly tight so far. The blinds are at 15/30. I made pot sized raises preflop with K9 and KT and been able to pick up the blinds. In the big blind I had 93 suited. The pot was limped around, I checked and I flopped bottom 2 pair with 2 spades on board. I made pot sized bets all the way and was able to pick up a nice pot.



With blinds at 20/40, I picked up JJ on the button, no callers in front of me. I made a pot sized raise and took down the blinds. I thought about slow playing it, but thought better of it. I hate JJ.

Blinds are still at 20/40 and I have 66 in middle position. No callers in front of me, so I made pot sized raise. SB and BB both called. Of course the flop brought three over cards. SB bet, BB called, and I folded.

Blinds are at 25/50 and I have been successful in taking down several small pots that nobody else seemed interested in. Hopefully the table will keep allowing me to do this. I am chip leader at the table and would like to stay that way. At the break, I have 3320 in chips. Next closest at my table has 2930.

The tables were just balanced and I had to move. I was hoping to stay at that table, but so be it. I will have to feel the new one out. Hopefully it is as weak as the last. At least I am still table chip leader, so at the moment I am comfortable.

So far, I am not dissappointed with my new table. I have managed to take down a couple of healthy pots with complete air. I think I will tighten up a bit for a couple of rounds so that they dont catch on.

The player to my immediat left just took down a huge pot and is now ahead of me in chips, appx. 4800 to 4300. I will have to be careful of her as she has position on me.

Nevermind, she just donked off her chips to another player. He has a huge chip lead on the table. I will not get involved in any big pots with him.

Blinds are 40/80. I am in the cutoff and raise with JT. The BB goes all in, I am getting 2:1, so I call. BB shows 22, the board comes 449KK. I take down the pot and eliminate a player.

I have the table pretty much under control. Everyone seems to fear when I am in a pot. I hope this continues.

Blinds just moved up to 50/100. I expect to see some desparation plays from some of the mid and low stacks.

My prediction has come true. A couple of the small stacks have doubled up with inferior hands that got lucky. It may be a lucky break for me though, as I think I can steal a lot of their new found chips when they are in the blinds.

Blinds are now at 60/120 and the table chip leader has been doing a lot of preflop min raising. I am going to try to slow him down with the first reasonable hand I get.

I just lost a sizable pot. I raised to 420 with 88 from the cutoff. The button called. Flop came K42 with 2 clubs. I moved in and the button called with AJ clubs. He hit a J on the turn and doubled up. I still have appx 3700 in chip, but I am not as comfortable as I was a few minutes ago. Most of the players at the table are close in chips except for the chip leader who is up 2:1 on everybody.

Player to my left has moved all in last 3 hands in a row for bets of 20X the BB or more. I hope to pick up a hand and take him out.

With blinds at 100/200, I just took down 2 monter pots. I had 2 full houses in a row and managed to get the money in with both of them. I eliminated a player and we are now at the final table. I am 3rd in chips with appx 13000.

Small stacks at the final table are playing scared. I am still able to steal their blinds. I think they are waiting for the 3 big stacks to hurt each other. I plan to stay out of the way of the other 2 chip leaders unless I have the nuts.

Blinds are now 150/300 and I am 2nd in chips. Play is still 9 handed.

Chip leader just gave away a bunch of chips, making me the new leader.

I am now massive chip leader. I flopped a set and got AA to move in on me. I have over 23000and next closest is 15500. Play is now 7 handed. 6 places pay, so we are on the bubble.

3 of the players have over 10000, so I will try to keep the pots small against them.

We are in the money now. Blinds are 200/400 so I think the rest of the tourney will be quick. The small stacks seem content to be blinded to death.

Play is now 4 handed and the remaining players are all tough. I may have to wait for a good hand as they are quite capable of pushing back.

All of the 4 remaining are like cockroaches. None of us will go out. We just keep swapping chips back and forth.

We have finally reached 3 handed play. It took JJ vs QQ to get here. Blinds are 400/800. We are all close in chips, so it should be interesting.

We are finally heads up. I am outchipped by 2.5:1. My opponent doesnt seem to want to play small pots, so I am going to have to take the lead in the aggression. He is moving all in about half of his buttons. Any A and I am going to call him.

Blinds are now 500/1000 and he has slowed down for the moment. I have been able to get almost even in chips with him. I picked up AK against his A7 and he shoved on me. I now have 10:1 chip lead. He shoved on me from the button. I had K9 and called. He showes K6 and doesnt improve. I win the tournament!! My account balance is now $64.12. I am up $14.12 from my starting deposit. Not bad for the 2nd day of this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment