Monday, August 31, 2009

Sit N Go

I am about to start a 45 player $1.25 SNG on Full Tilt.

The first hand of the tournament I pick up 77.  I raised the pot but got 3 callers.  All over cards on the flop, so I had to ditch it.
I just picked up AA with 2 limpers in front of me and blinds at 20/40.  I raised the pot and got one caller.  I flopped top set and took down a pot of 500.
Blinds are at 20/40. I have Q9 suited and raise from middle position.  The button reraises to 960 and I have to fold.  My stack is down to 1100.  I am a middle stack at my table, but there is still plenty of play with the blinds at this level.
Blinds are now at 25/50.  I have KJ clubs in SB.  There is one limper.  I raise to 200. The big blind folds and the limper calls.  Flop is Q95.  I flopped open ended.  I bet the pot and my opponent moves all in.  I  figure that I have 11 outs and call. Opponent shows Q8 for top pair, but I hit my straight on the turn.  I double up to just over 2200.
I have 34 clubs in BB.  The cut off raises 3 times big blind and I call.  The flop misses me completely and I have to fold.
I have 8T Spades in middle position.  I raise to 175.  The button and BB both call.  The flop is AJK rainbow.  The BB bets the pot and I fold.
Blinds are now at 30/60.  I have been aggressive but this table seems to be tougher than usual. I think I am going to switch gears and tighte up.
I had Q7 diamonds on the button.  there were 4 limpers, so I called hoping to get lucky.  The flop brought 2 diamonds.  All checked to me.  I bet about 1/2 the pot.  and get one caller.  The turn is a K.  Check, Check. River is a blank.  Opponent checks and I bluff about 1/3 the pot and he folds.  I now have about 2100 in chips. 
The table is very unbalanced at the moment.  Chip leader has 6800 chips, I am 2nd with 2100 and everyone else has under 1000.  Should make for an interesting table dynamic.
The unbalanced table didnt last long.  We just got 2 new players with average stacks.  Blinds are now 40/80.
I havent picked up a playable hand for a few rounds now and my stack has been blinded down to 1900.  I am going to have to chip up soon to avoid getting too short as the blinds are now at 50/100.
I just had 66 on the button with 3 limpers ahead of me.  I limp also and the flop brings no help.  I had to fold.  Maybe I should have raised big and punished the limpers preflop.
One hand later, I pick up 89 suited in the cutoff.  I raise this time and take down the pot.  I now have 2000 in chips, I am holding steady, but need to increase my stack before the blinds get too big.  They are now at 60/120. 
I am in the BB and have QQ.  I decide that if I get raised I am just moving in.  The button raises to 500 (as he has done my last 3 BB's) and I move in.  He shows KQ.  I am in great shape to double up.  He fails to improve and I now have 4000 in chips.
I have AQ and there is one limper (the opponent from  previous hand).  I raise to 720 and he calls.  Flop is 256.  I bet the pot and he calls.  Check, check on the turn.  He moves all in on the river.  I think about calling as I am sure he is steaming from the last hand.  I finally decide to fold as he had me covered and he showed his bluff, K9.  I now have about 2400 in chips.
I just changed tables.  Maybe I will be able to push this table around a little more than the last.  I pick up K9 my first hand at this table in middle position with one limper ahead of me.  I decide to just move in and take down the pot.
Blinds are now at 100/200, so I need to chip up VERY SOON!! I have about 2700 in chips, so only about 9 rounds.  This table loves to limp, so maybe I can make some big raises in position.
I am in the cutoff with A5 suited.  one limper ahead of me.  I raise to 700 and take it down.  I am now at 3000 in chips.
I just made a move with A8 suited and was called by the BB with QQ.  He doubled up and I now have 1300 in chips.  I am in big trouble.  Blinds are at 120/240. 
Any A or any 2 face cards and I am moving in.
The last 3 hands were 25, 26, 28.  Things areen't looking too good.  I have been blinded down to 1000.
I moved in on the button with T5 and took it down.  Next hand I picked up 44.  I moved in and was called by KJ.  44 held up and I now have a little breathing room with 3100 in chips. 
Blinds are now 150/300 and players are dropping fast.   
I was in BB with T7 spades.  Button limped, SB folded.  Flop was J6K with 2 spades.  I moved in for 2700.  Button tanked and finally called with J9 for a pair of J's. I failed to improve and busted out in 15th place.  I think it was the right move to put the decision on him, it just didn't work out this time.
My account balance is now $59.63.  I am up $9.63 from my starting balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment