Friday, August 28, 2009

45 Player SNG at Full Tilt

I am currently sitting at a 45 player $1.25 SNG at Full Tilt. I have managed to take down more than my fair share of pots. I am sitting 2 to the left of Hesler. He is wild and has been pushing in with weak hands and getting lucky. He is currently the tournament chip leader. I am currently in 5th place. I do have position on him, but he likes to make very big preflop raises. Hopefully, I can pick up a hand and take advantage of his large raises.

I just make my first donkey move in this experiment. The blinds are 40/80. Player in middle position has appx 1100 in chips and raises to 280. I am on button with 57 suited and I think I may be able to steal the pot. I reraise to 960, MP player moves all in for the rest of his chips. I am pot committed and call. MP player shows KK and I don't improve. I lose appx 1/3 of my chips. A few hands later I am in SB with 93offsuit and blinds of 50/100. A couple of players limp, and I limp. I flop 2 pair, but there are 2 clubs on board. I am in early position and check waiting to see what develops. Player in last position bets 200 into pot of 500. I raise all in to appx 1900 and other player calls. other player has nut flush draw and hits flush on turn, but I fill up on river. After this hand, I have 4200 in chips and blinds are 50/100. Blinds are now at 80/160. I have 99 in the SB. My arch nemesis Huselr raises to 640. I have not played many pots with Huselr, but I believe they perceive me as pretty tight as I have not made any moves without a hand from out of position. I reraise to 2200 and I am able to pick up the blinds, one limp and the raise from Huselr. This hand puts me in the top 5 chip stacks.

I am now at the final table of this 45 player $1.25 SNG. I am 5th in chips with 8150. Blinds are 150/300. Huselr is still chip leader with appx 15,000. So far, I have managed to get my money in good against him, I will continue to pick my spots against him. I will try not get involved in large pots with him as he is easily able to knock me out if he gets lucky. Blinds are now at 200/400 and I was able to eliminate a player. I now have 11000 in chips and am 3rd in chips out of 7. We are now on the bubble.

We are now in the money. I have appx 9400 and blinds are 250/500, so I expect the rest of the tournament to go quickly.

I am 5th in chips out of 6. The chip leaders seem to want to play big pots with each other, so I will try to either wait them out and hope they hurt each other, or hopefully pick up a big hand against one of them and double up.

My wish just came true (almost)!! I picked up QQ against Huselr and got all the money in. He had K8 and spiked a K on the flop. I am eliminated and win $2.70. Not a big win, but it's not bad for my first night at this wonderful experiment.

After this tourney my account balance is $50.45. I am up 45 cents from when I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment